Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mes Cours

So I got every course I wanted to.  As of today, I only have courses on Thursday and Friday.  I have five day weekends every weekend.  It is going to be awesome.  Although I have to say I am a little worried that I won't know what to do with my time.  I don't think that that many people have whole days off so traveling with others is pretty much out of the question.  But it does mean that I can really enjoy and relax and have fun in Paris.  Which is exactly what I wanted to do.  Next semester is going to allow me to have the time to go places and be there for extended periods of time.

I think the tone in my blog has gotten significantly more upbeat since I finished most of my assignments.  Right now the only thing that rests between be and going back to the US is my fifteen to twenty page memoire I have to write.  It is on the US and the English supreme court.  I'm not terribly worried about it because it is for the course I am taking pass/no pass.

So after I get my work done on this paper, I should have about three days in Paris with nothing to do (school wise).  That leaves me in Paris in the winter with time.  And boy, is there stuff to do here!  They have set up probably six or seven Christmas markets around the city.  I've already been to one and I know exactly what I am getting people back home for Christmas.  And that was just from the small on at St Germain de Près.  The one on the Champs Elysée has a Ferris Wheel.

Today it snowed for about three hours.  These huge wet flakes fell from the sky.  The coolest part was that there was enough that it actually stuck to the ground.  Paris was covered in probably an inch of fluffy white snow.  For someone from Souther California, seeing snow fall is really cool.  What made it even better is the fact that I don't have to leave my apartment today.  I have no classes on Tuesdays, and I don't have any errands to run today.  So I can sit in my room watching the snow fall, reading my law books, sipping hot chocolate.

I wonder, though, if I am liking Paris more because I know that I have less than two weeks before I am back in the United States or if it is because I actually like it here now.  I guess we'll find out when next semester starts.  Although between now and next semester I am going to be going to Munich, Vienna, Salzberg, Budapest and maybe a week in the Canary Islands.  So I am going to start next semester with a bang!

But above all, I'll be home for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment