Thursday, November 4, 2010

Le Salon du Chocolat

On Anni's last day here in Paris, we got tickets to go to le Salon du Chocolat.  Oh...my...god...

This is the world's largest chocolate expo.  We left the apartment at ten and go to Porte Versailles (not to be confused with the Chateau) where the expo was being held.  It was basically a huge convention center that they filled with venders.  The first thing we did was get in line for some hot chocolate.  I have been craving real good hot chocolate since I got here.  The french drink coffee, so they don't have any hot chocolate anywhere.

After I got my fix, we started on the vendors.  There were too many to count.  They represented different types of chocolates, different regions, and all with different products.  There were people with chocolate straight from the Amazon.  There were vendors selling chocolate beauty products.  One of those vendors actually washed my hand with this pumas stone.  My hand smelled like marshmallows for the rest of the day.  It was delicious.

And what's more is every one of these vendors gave our samples.  I had more chocolate in those two hours we spent at the expo than I had in the last year.  I still don't think I could eat any.  Luckily my roommate bought some, so I can ask her if I ever get the urge.  I don't think I will any time soon though.

I'll be putting up pictures from the expo asap, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment