Monday, September 13, 2010

Je puex le faire

I had my first day of class today.  I only had one, but normally I have two on Mondays.  Today was "Grands Systems du Droit Etranger," or "Main legal systems for foreign countries."  I think it is going to be interesting, but it is going to be insanely difficult.  Not only is it taught in French, but I am the only non-french speaking person in the class.  On top of that we are talking about the legal systems of countries I have never studied before.  But the important thing is that I survived it.

I've learned that I just need to take my time here in Paris one day at a time.  I constantly think about what it is going to be like come April, May, next year, five years, ten years or when I'm an old man.  I am living abroad in Paris for a year.  How many people get this opportunity?  Even if school is going to kick my ass, I can't loose sight of where I am.  I mean, hell, I went to Belgium for a weekend just because I could.

After class today I was supposed to meet up with Audrey, one of my best friends from SB.  She is in Paris visiting the city with her family.  I got back to my house at 10:30 and she texted me saying her family was going to go to the super market and then to the Concergerie (the prison where they held Marie Antoinette before they killed her).  I said that sounded good and I would meet them.  I decided to leave at 11:00 and walk to Notre Dame.  It is feeling a lot like fall here and it's perfect weather to walk.

So I get to L'Île de la Cité around 11:30.  I took my time, went through a random church on my way there. After that I didn't know where they were so I went to a little park Hugo told us about when we took our walk along the Seine.  It was gorgeous and there were not that many people there.  On a side note, I probably should have said my class today was at 8:00AM.  For anyone that has ever met me, they know how much a non-morning person I am.

By 11 I was exhausted.  I was debating actually whether to come home and nap or stay down there.  I mean, they were only going to the grocery store and then they were going to hop on the metro.  So I decided to go sit on the bench and soak in Paris.  Then I closed my eyes.  Next thing I know it is 1:00PM.  I decided to get up off that bench (I think the Parisians were giving me dirty looks) and walk around some more.

By about 1:15 they get there and we tour the Concergerie.  It is pretty cool.  I'll post the link on here to my facebook photo album when I upload them.

So that was my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment