Friday, September 3, 2010

Je suis francais?

Today was a great day.  Every time I write I probably sound like I am complaining and overwhelmed, but today I didn't feel that way at all.  I have already made a good group of friends from all over the world (Singapore, Australia, Canada, Mexico to name a few countries) and I am getting the hang of public transportation.

This afternoon after getting a sandwhich I opened up a bank account.  It may not sound like much, but it was one of the things I was stressing about, because 1. I wasn't sure if I could do it in french and 2. I wasn't sure if the paper work my host mother gave me would suffice.  As it turns out 1. I can do it in French and 2. I just need to bring two more documents and it is all over and done with!

Then after that, this evening Hugo, our SciencesPo host student, took my group on a walking tour along the Seine.  I have some great pictures of the Louvre, Notre Dame, Pont des Arts and a lot more I will upload soon!

Then after that, Kellyn (from UCSB) and I met up and grabbed a quick dinner (and I mean quick... like 4 min) from Monoprix and headed to the Gospel concert at L'Eglise St Germain de Pres.  It was awesome.  There is that feeling that you can only get when you hear music sung live, a feeling I haven't had in a long time.  I had it tonight.  It was gorgeous.

But by far the best thing that happened to me today was after the concert.  I decided, after parting ways with Kellyn, to treat myself to 2 scoops of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough.  I've been walking close to 5 miles a day here (or at least thats the way it feels).  So I ordered, and I spoke in French.  She responded after I paid her with "Thank You" and then I said "Merci" and she said "Oh, je suis desolée.  Merci!"

She actually thought I was French...

No comments:

Post a Comment