Thursday, September 9, 2010

L'apartement

I don't know how many emails I have sent to people that said this:

Bonjour.  Je suis un étudiant etranger à SciencesPo.  Je reste ici jusqu'a la fin de mai.  Je suis très interessé en votre apartement.  Sera-t-il possible que je peux le voir? Merci.

(Hello.  I am an exchange student at SciencesPo.  I am staying in Paris until the end of May.  I am very interested in your apartment.  Will it be possible to see it?  Thanks)

I have gotten very few responses.  It may be that my French is, as my Fr 26 prof would say, not very idiomatic.  It may be that they have already rented it.  It may be that this is just really difficult.

I know that this blog is for future AJ.  This whole experience is going to be something I look back on and laugh about.  But I can tell you right now, that I do not have ANY desire to laugh about this.  I know my family will do what ever they can to help me and I really appreciate that.  However, let's look at the situation.   I am in France, a country where, despite having almost full comprehension I can say about as much as a four year old (although that four year old can say it better than I can), I am living with a host family who literally has to kick me out at the end of the month and I have no options at the moment.

I have tried to go through apartment hunting agencies, craigslist, private websites.  All have been a bust so far.  It may be that I jinx myself.  Or it may be that the universe hates me.  I'm not quite sure.  All I know is that I want an apartment.

Oh yeah... and future AJ owes me a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment